When the time comes for a new roof, most homeowners usually choose the same old thing, asphalt shingles.
Though they are very popular and available from every shingle roofing service, asphalt shingles are certainly not the only option for a durable, protective roofing installation.
For those in search of something a little bit different, consider some of these other systems that shingle roofers can install instead!
- Architectural or Dimensional Shingles - A more advanced, luxury option in the asphalt shingle category, designer architectural and dimensional shingles come in various shapes, sizes, colors, and thicknesses according to most shingle roofing services, offering a more beautiful roofing solution than the standard variety of asphalt shingles.
- Wood Shingles and Shakes - Like luxury asphalt shingles, wood shingles are also available in various shapes, sizes, and wood species, which can create classic looks for different types of home architecture when skillfully installed by professional shingle roof contractors. Shakes, which are considerably thicker and rougher-looking than standard wood shingles, are another option where wood is desired.
- Clay, Cement, and Concrete - Whether turned into flat shingles or stylish Spanish or European-style tiles, these natural types of shingles are especially eco-friendly and thermal-resistant.
- Metal - Sold in shingle style or as panels pressed into shingle or tile shapes, shingle roofers find that steel, aluminum, and copper shingles offer the benefits of metal with a more appealing appearance over traditional metal roofs.
- Composition Shingles - Technically a variety of advanced asphalt shingles, composition shingles are made using a variety of materials that make them more durable, impact resistant, and eco-friendly than standard asphalt, architectural, or dimensional shingles. Shingle roofing services have access to several composition products that mimic the appearance of other materials while providing the resilience of their combined materials.
- Rubber Shingles - A mold, insect, and impact-resistant product, rubber shingles are made from as much as 95% recycled rubber, plastic, and other materials. Not only are they a highly protective option for shingle roofers to install, but they are environmentally friendly, keeping waste out of landfills and can be re-recycled endlessly.
A new roof is a big investment for every homeowner.
Before assuming the same old asphalt shingles are the best choice, consider this time the many other types of roofing that shingle roof contractors can install.
Available in a variety of materials and each offering its own advantages, there are countless shingle products available to protect and beautify any home today according to shingle roof contractors, regardless of the architectural style, color scheme, or available budget!